Looking for a new career?
Check out Beal College's new Career Services Job Board!
Service to our students involves more than just providing a quality education. In order to help graduates put their skills to the best possible use, we offer career development assistance. Through ongoing professional relationships with businesses, organizations and governmental agencies, the Career Services Office is contacted by interested employers offering both full-time and part-time opportunities. In addition, many of Beal's academic programs offer students the opportunity to receive hands-on career training through externships and field experiences.
Start planning now to meet your career goals.
Students and graduates seeking employment assistance are encouraged to register with the Career Services Office as early as possible and to maintain contact throughout their education and career. Career development facilitation is available in both one-on-one consultations as well as group forums. Services include assistance in resume compilation, interview techniques, job search methods, employment leads, employment surveys and trends, and development of a professional attitude toward the employment search.
Register with Career Services
Think of career development as a process that begins early in your college experience and continues throughout your life. Get to know the people in Career Services and the resources they offer. Let's work together to create a strategy that leads to your success!
Check out the Career Services Clothes Closet. The Closet contains professional wardrobe selections that you may borrow.
When you register with Career Services, you:
- Begin to identify skills and interests
- Do interest and personality surveys
- Attend career development workshops
- Become familiar with career resources
- Research areas of interest
- Do informational interviewing
- Learn what employers will expect of you
- Complete an externship
- Clarify your job objective
- Fine tune your resume
- Draft cover letters
- Gather letters of recommendation
- Practice interviewing
- Focus on personal presentation
- Develop a professional image
- Learn effective job search methods
Career Services Workshop Series
You are invited to attend these FREE workshops sponsored by the Career Services Office.
- Individual Assistance
- Group Sessions
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Job Leads
- Interview Preparation
- Workshops and Seminars
- Job Market Resources
- On-Campus Recruiters
- Company Information Files
- Identifying Skills and Interests
- Conducting a Successful Job Search
- Dressing for Success
- Career Planning
- Keeping a Job
- Study Skills & Time Management
- Presentation Skills
- Employer Panel
- Stress Management
- Goal Setting & Decision Making
- Job Search Skills & Self-Assessments
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Workplace Ethics & Keeping Your Job
We want to hear from you!
If you are an employer looking to hire one of our graduates or if you have an idea for an organization you would like to present on campus, please contact us: