Get Email Updates
BEAL COLLEGE EMPLOYMENT OPENING
Position: Allied Health Instructor
Date Prepared: October 27, 2014 Closing Date: November 14, 2014
Time Required: Full-Time Employee Status: Salary
Accountability: Allied Health Director, Dean of Education
Position Responsibilities: It is understood that all full-time instructors will teach a prescribed number of courses, usually between 3 and 5 per Mod. All instructors will meet for all regularly scheduled and make-up course meetings for a total of 45 contact hours per course.
Teaching assignments may include a mixture of day, evening classes.
Position Duties: The Allied Health Instructor provides instruction in, but is not limited to, any of the following subjects:
- Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding
- Medical Ethics and Law
- Medical Office Procedures
- Electronic Information Systems in Healthcare
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacology for Medical Assistants
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Medical Assisting Labs 1, II, III, IV
- Introduction to Medical Assisting
- Informs students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic and student records, and submits them according to published guidelines.
- Participates in professional development, student and other educational activities in accordance with college policy.
- Effectively teaches and communicates with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Develops, maintains and evaluates curriculum and makes recommendations to maintain program currency.
- Knowledge of MAERB (Medical Assisting Educational Review Board) competencies.
- Identifies and uses learning outcomes and assessment that lead to course program improvements.
- Maintains currency in field, interacts with faculty and staff in other areas of instruction and participates in the development of instructional methods, technology and materials.
- Attends regular faculty meetings, advisory board meetings, and department meetings.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or higher and/or certification preferred. Faculty members must be academically and experientially prepared to teach in the appropriate subject matter. Faculty members shall be competent to teach the subject matter offered.
Qualifications: Faculty must be knowledgeable in course content, as evidenced by education and/or experience, effective in directing and evaluating student learning and laboratory performance, and be prepared in educational theory and techniques.
Send resume and cover letter by mail or e-mail to:
Barbara Marchelletta, Allied Health Program Director
99 Farm Road, Bangor, Maine 04401
Individuals interested in applying for faculty teaching positions at Beal College, please forward résumé and cover letter to:
Debbie Crockett, Director of Education
99 Farm Road
Bangor, ME 04401
Individuals interested in applying for administrative positions at Beal College, please forward résumé and cover letter to:
Allen Stehle, President
99 Farm Road
Bangor, ME 04401
Beal College is an equal opportunity employer. Employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of experience, aptitudes and abilities.
Beal College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or handicap in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities.